Digipak

ALBUM DIGIPAK

cover

cover

website

WEBSITE -Click on the photo below to be taken directly to the All That Glitters website

Website

musvid

MUSIC VIDEO

Video

Sunday 15 September 2013

Possible Ideas

We decided to have a girl group, and music videos by girl groups usually center around their friendship and unity, so our song and idea choices reflect this research.

PARADE- LOUDER


Lyrics: Partying, turn up the music, boys.
"Turn it up, boy, boy, turn it up, boy"
"I need to hear your heart go boom, if we're going to rock it rock the room"
"Just imagine us now but with a little more power"
"Turn it up, turn it up Turn it up, turn it up Turn it up louder, louder, louder Turn it up louder, louder, louder"

Performance based, beauty shots of the group singing, with lots of different costumes and backdrops. Party scene, girls having fun together, larger group of boys and girls in the background.

FIFTH HARMONY- ME AND MY GIRLS


Lyrics: Pop culture references, girlfirends, friendship, unity, fun.
"We play our favourite songs and we scream all night long"
"Karaoke on the bed, taking duck selfies right and left"
"We get Britney, Demi, One Direction, Bieber on it"
"When it's just me and my girls and we dance like no ones watching"
"Got my favourite PJs on"

Sleepover setting, a group of girlfriends getting ready to go out, with a party scene at the end, very girly, pink, glittery, clothes and make up.

I WANT YOU TO WANT ME- LETTERS TO CLEO

Lyrics: Unrequited love, a need/want to be desired. Not necessarily about a specific guy.
"I want you to want me, I need you to need me, I'd love you to love me"
"Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you cryin'?"

Performance, girls playing instruments and dancing, perhaps interacting with a boy, singing to him, pushing him around.





NO SLEEP TONIGHT- THE FADERS

Lyrics: Really energetic, upbeat, wants a guy, sex, determined to get what she wants, independent single lady.
"I got you, I got you on my mind"
"You can't stop this feeling, you can't run away"
"There's no escape, no sleep tonight, you won't get no sleep tonight"
"You want me, you want me all the time"

Chasing boys down school corridors, running across camera, performing to a crowd, interacting with a boy whilst singing and performing, pulling him towards them.

TEENAGE DIRTBAG- GIRLS ALOUD


(Cover of the original Wheatus version, the lyrics have been changed to be about a boy rather than a girl to suit the female persona)

Lyrics: In love with a boy in school, but he never notices her, he has a bitchy girlfriend who also never notices her as this girl is a bit of a loser, and a nobody. At prom, the boy approaches her, he's noticed her all along and invites her to an Iron Maiden concert with him, he is a 'teenage dirtbag' just like her.
"Oh how he rocks, in Keds and tube socks"
"But he doesn't know who I am, and he doesn't give a damn about me"
"I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, listen to Iron Maiden maybe with me"
"Come with me Friday, don't say maybe, I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby like you"

A group of geeky girls, in love with a cool boy/boys who eventually ask them out at prom. Humour would be a key feature.

At this point we are favouring the 'Teenage Dirtbag' video as we believe it is a classic recognizable song that will draw audiences into our band. However, a cover is risky for a debut single as we really need to construct our own artist identity. Our back up idea is 'No Sleep Tonight' as the song features one main singer. Emily is very talented at lip syncing so that feature of the song is beneficial.  

No comments:

Post a Comment